The Big Six – Top 6 Major Film Studios in the Movie Business
At the point when you watch a film, regardless of whether it be at the film or in the solace of your own house, it’s rare you really consider where the film was created and how each film organization tied down the rights to the film you’re watching on the screen. The film business is incredibly serious. The six significant film organizations examined underneath involve 90% of the US and Canadian film company income. In case you’re considering a vocation in film, you might need to give extremely close consideration to the measurements underneath.
And keeping in mind that there are a couple “small majors” actually making money in the business (Lions Gate Entertainment and MGM for instance), it’s genuinely hard for film organizations to remain above water while rivaling these profoundly fruitful domains.
Beneath you will track down the six significant film organizations (otherwise called “The Big Six”) and a concise portrayal of each:
1. Warner Bros. Pictures. Containing an astounding 19.7 percent of the US/Canadian piece of the pie (2007 figures), Warner Bros. Pictures is the greatest part in the entertainment world. Tying down the rights to significant movies like Harry Potter, Superman, Batman, The Matrix and Star Wars have made Warner Bros. the No. 1 name in the business.
2. Foremost Pictures. With 15.5 percent of the US/Canadian piece of the pie (2007 figures), Paramount Pictures keeps on being quite possibly the best film creation organizations on the planet. Star Trek, War of the Worlds, the Mission Impossible arrangement, Transformers and Tropic Thunder are only a couple of the mainstream films delivered by Paramount Pictures.
3. Walt Disney. Perhaps the most eminent film creation organizations throughout the entire existence of the business, Walt Disney currently holds 15.3 percent of the US/Canadian piece of the overall industry (2007 figures). With profoundly fruitful films like Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure, Meet the Robinsons and Enchanted, there’s no uncertainty that Disney will keep on assuming a vital part in the business for quite a long time to come.
4. Columbia Pictures. Including 12.9 percent of the US/Canadian piece of the pie (2007 figures), Columbia Pictures stays a major part in the business. A portion of this current organization’s new triumphs incorporate Casino Royale, The Da Vinci Code, the Spider-Man arrangement and Step Brothers.
5. All inclusive Studios. 12.2 percent of the US/Canadian piece of the pie (2007 figures) has a place with Universal Studios, which keeps on making millions for the entertainment world. With significant hits like the Bourne arrangement (Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum), The American Pie arrangement, Knocked Up, American Gangster and The Incredible Hulk, it’s certain that Universal Studios understands the stuff to bring in cash in this industry.
6. twentieth Century Fox. Otherwise called “20th Century Fox,” this exceptionally fruitful film creation organization makes up 11.9 percent of the US/Canadian piece of the pie (2007 figures). Probably the greatest and best films from this realm incorporate the X-Men arrangement, Mr. furthermore, Mrs. Smith, Star Wars Episodes II and III, and the Fantastic Four.
Indeed, in case you’re searching for a vocation in the entertainment world, the six organizations recorded above are the best of the best. On the off chance that you have the chance to work for one of these organizations, we wouldn’t propose leaving it behind.